Thursday 26 July 2012

Chapter 3.3

“That was lovely, Vicky.” Henny Penny told Foxy Loxy’s wife, Vicky the vixen, as they sat in the fox’s den enjoying coffee and after-dinner mints. “Thank you.”
  “It certainly was most agreeable!” agreed Turkey Lurkey. “Why didn’t you have any, Weasel old boy?”
  Weasel looked over from where he was sitting, near the door. “I figured that something would probably disagree with my digestion, so I though I’d save Vicks any embarrassment and abstain.”
  “You could have had a cup of coffee.” Henny Penny suggested.
  “Probably just scald myself,” came the morose reply.
  “At least have an After Eight mint, dear chap.” Turkey Lurkey offered.
  Weasel shook his head. “No thanks. Probably just drop it on the floor and leave a big chocolatey stain on the carpet.”
  “But my dear fellow, there isn’t a carpet…”
  “Just ignore him.” Foxy Loxy told his dinner guests. “Damned good copper but a miserable bugger, if ever there was one.”
  “My Great Uncle Sid had a lovely copper roof.” Chicken Licken said. “But everyone said he was a jolly bugger.”
  “Quite.” Foxy Loxy turned to Henny Penny. “I think we have all that we need in the way of a statement but it would be useful if you could show my colleague and me where these strange events occurred.”
  “But we can’t go back there!” cried Chicken Licken. “Not where the sky’s falling in! We’ve got to go and tell the King.”
  “Queen.” Corrected Turkey Lurkey the pedant.
  “No. That was my Great Uncle Sid.”
  “How about I contact the Queen and tell her about this?” asked Foxy gently. “Save you the trouble of going all the way to London.”
  “No, please! Let the little guy go.” Goosey Loosy countered before Henny Penny elbowed him in the ribs.
  Chicken Licken seemed to think it over. “OK. But I don’t want to go back there!”
  “Why don’t you go and stay with your Great Aunt Sydney?” Henny Penny advised.
  Foxy was confused. “I thought he said he had a Great Uncle Sid.”
  “It’s a long story.”
  “Golly,” said Turkey Lurkey.
  Foxy Loxy stood up. “Well, that settles it. Turkey, you can show Weasel and me where all this, er, excitement began. Henny, you take young Chicken Licken here to his aunt stroke uncle’s. Come, Weasel! We have mysteries to solve and innocents to protect.”
  Weasel let out a long sigh. “I’ll probably just end up having my gonads fried by a radioactive Eskimo again but OK.”

Chapter 3.4 ☛

No comments:

Post a Comment